By Haley Ferretti
This mouthwatering recipe is great substitute for typical mac and cheese but without all the cheese and butter! Plus you get some vegetables too! It’s true – even plant-based foods can taste amazing and still give you great amount of nutrient dense flavor!
Vegan Mac Attack!
16 oz pasta (I used gluten free)
1 cup chopped yellow or red potatoes
1/4 cup carrots
1/3 cup onions
2 tsp. sea salt
1/2 tsp. garlic (I used 3 cloves, because I love garlic!)
1/4 cup vegan margarine
1/4 tsp. Dijon mustard
1 tsp. lemon juice
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1/8 cayenne pepper
1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- Boil potatoes, carrots and onions in a pot with 2 cups of water for 15 minutes (or until tender) Note: Do not strain the water!
- While you’re waiting, boil pasta until ready.
- After the vegetables are cooked, add them with the water into a high powered blender or food processor and pulse until smooth and creamy. This will be your sauce.
- Add nutritional yeast, cayenne pepper, black pepper, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, vegan margarine, garlic, sea salt and blend again to mix evenly.
- Strain the pasta and pour the sauce over it.
- Voila! Enjoy 🙂