By Aga Wojciechowska
This recipe has become a staple for me, providing nutrition, simplicity and little preparation time. It’s a great start to the day and I think of it as “greenola!”
Through IIN I’ve learned to use the combination of nutritious grains, healing spices and vegetables that are pre-cooked and hence easier to digest. I’ve deepened my knowledge of acid-alkaline balance and the importance of de-acidifying one’s body in the morning. My appreciation for stabilizing sugar levels, assessing protein needs of a vegetarian as well as my love for healthy fats has grown even further!
Savory Breakfast Oats with Greens
1 tbsp. chia seeds
1 tbsp. flax seeds or flax meal
2 big handfuls of greens (spinach, arugula, mixed greens)
1/3 cup green peas
1 tsp. raw coconut oil
1 tsp. ghee
1 tsp. hempseeds
Fresh herbs (cilantro or dill)
Handful of pumpkin and sunflower seeds (or nuts if preferred)
Spices including, turmeric, black pepper, cumin, coriander, ginger, Himalayan sea salt and garlic
- Soak oats, chia seeds and flax overnight in filtered water
- Soak greens, fresh herbs and peas in water with apple cider vinegar for 10-15 minutes to remove potential pesticides, parasites, etc.
- Pour a bit of water into frying pan and place rinsed greens and peas in it then cover to simmer on low heat for 3-4 minutes or until wilted
- Add spices you prefer, coconut oil and ghee, then stir
- Add oats, chia and flax
- Stir and let cook 1-2 minutes on low heat to allow the tastes to infuse
- Place in a bowl, sprinkle with hemp, sunflower and pumpkin seeds, or nuts if preferred
- Take a few deep breaths, connect to your food and enjoy 🙂
Aga is a Certified Integrative Nutrition Health Coach and HiddenMind Therapist passionate about helping people to be healthier and happier. With clients she investigates hidden causes of diseases and symptoms and initiates a return to physical, emotional and mental balance, and through health coaching she supports clients in making diet and lifestyle changes to achieve their health goals. Visit her on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/mefreetoday.